Postman!!!! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Postman!!!!

Options
jan5987
jan5987 Community member Posts: 107 Courageous
Hi everyone 
sorry I need a rant
i still haven’t been out and about  much last couple of years due to health issues and the way covid is, I was shielding and usually postman leaves things on the doorstep, he has been doing it for months,five minutes ago he shouted out well this needs signing for so I said well you know it’s me and he said doesn’t matter it needs your signature so I said wait till I put a mask on and he did and he said well you had covid for six months now and I said it’s not the reason why I don’t answer the door it’s due to health issues he said well you have to sign or I will take it away and then I said fine I will open the window so I signed and he said next time don’t get a delivery that has to be signed for, now I am upset and in tears, on our door we have a sticker that says” someone in this home has a chronic illness and people with weak immune systems are more likely to catch covid and suffer life threatening complications if they catch it and because of this we are self isolating and practicing social distancing as a preventative measure. “
That has been on my door since 2020 and I am making a complaint as he didn’t have to say that to me.
I know things have changed but I don’t need someone telling me like a kid what I should be doing.

Comments

• jan5987
    Options
    Thank you Teddybear
    i agree ,as all I have ever done for to be signed for was stick my thumb up at the window and fine but today opening window him passing through the machine and signing and no flipping mask because now don’t have to made me angry and upset so yes going to complain now.
    bless you I am in so much pain as it is and didn’t need him.
    take care 
    Jan 
  • bexter73
    bexter73 Community member Posts: 44 Connected
    Options
    Oh that’s just awful jan! How rude and inconsiderate of him. Definitely complain. Hope you don’t let an ignorant person ruin the rest of your day. Some people really act like Covid has disappeared now don’t they! X
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry yoh were the brunt of the postman's rude attitude 

Let us know the outcome of the complaint 
  • jan5987
    Options
    bexter73 said:
    Oh that’s just awful jan! How rude and inconsiderate of him. Definitely complain. Hope you don’t let an ignorant person ruin the rest of your day. Some people really act like Covid has disappeared now don’t they! X

• jan5987
    Options
    Hello 
    I know it’s very upsetting and his voice was like he thought it was funny.
    oh I have, I rang up but she said to write a letter to the manager asking for the postman to sign for letters and delivery’s himself, she didn’t say she would have a word with him either but said they have had a lot of problems with missing items etc and that’s why has to be signed for said this is a new thing only started three weeks ago and everything has to be signed for.
    yes they do and includes my husband and daughter say we have to get on with it!!!! 
    X
  • jan5987
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    Sorry yoh were the brunt of the postman's rude attitude 

Let us know the outcome of the complaint 

hello
    thank you, I will do I told the lady on the phone but she didn’t say she would have a word with him, I wrote a letter to the manager asking if they can sign things themselves she said I could try that so have done.
     Thank you.

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I just wanted to say that I'm also sorry you were spoken to in that way @jan5987. I hope that the letter helps you to get your point across! 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • jan5987
    Options
    Thank you, I really hope it does but will let you know.
  • emancherry33
    emancherry33 Community member Posts: 3,640 Pioneering
    Options
    @jan5987 so sorry to hear  you where spoken so badly by some one who probably been your regular mornings hellos throughout all the recent bad times, I would definitely complain, you should not have to put up with someone like that..
  • jan5987
    Options
    Thank you, it was really strange because he has posted my medication through the letter box and this wasn’t medication but said the last three weeks it has changed as the government says when everything is signed for you have to sign on the pad thing but saying to me well you have had covid now for six months like a joke is not on, no he has only been postman for six months and knocks on door and posts through letter box usually,our other one we had for years he changed rounds or left 🤷‍♀️. 

Brightness