Moving Furniture And Other Items When Having New Carpets Fitted — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Moving Furniture And Other Items When Having New Carpets Fitted

jl151080
jl151080 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Hi, 

I was wondering what other peoples solutions have been when needing to move furniture and other items if having new carpets fitted? 

It is something I would like to have done but I have various items of furniture that would need to be moved, in addition to TV, hifi equipment etc. 

Thanks.

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jl151080 -  firstly, welcome to the community. A reputable carpet fitter should be able to work around this for you. Personally I have previously found that a local carpet fitter will come out & discuss, not only the type of carpet you want, but any issues/concerns you have. They hopefully want your business, so are hopefully equally helpful.
    If you have a local facebook page you can access, it might be worth asking if others have found a good carpet fitter in your area.
  • jl151080
    chiarieds said:
    Hi @jl151080 -  firstly, welcome to the community. A reputable carpet fitter should be able to work around this for you. Personally I have previously found that a local carpet fitter will come out & discuss, not only the type of carpet you want, but any issues/concerns you have. They hopefully want your business, so are hopefully equally helpful.
    If you have a local facebook page you can access, it might be worth asking if others have found a good carpet fitter in your area.
    Hi. Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    You're more than welcome @jl151080
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,522 Disability Gamechanger
    Best advice is move what you can and let the fitters move what you can't.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    When we had carpets fitted we were told that if they had to move furniture they would charge extra...so we moved everything ourselves and they had an empty room.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• jl151080
    leeCal said:
    When we had carpets fitted we were told that if they had to move furniture they would charge extra...so we moved everything ourselves and they had an empty room.

That's the key issue really, as with cerebral palsy and living on my own, moving the furniture myself is not an option. I would have to rely on someone doing it for me. 

Brightness