Perhaps the Wrong Section — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Perhaps the Wrong Section

Options
oldngrumpy
oldngrumpy Scope Member Posts: 216 Pioneering
In January I started with Diarrhoea

No blood, but one time it was red. I don't think it blood.
Two weeks ago on bed on phone wanted to break wind. It wasn't. I followed through.
Went to bathroom cleaned myself up.
Rang Drs at 8.00. Ten past eight they answered. Basically told them what I have mentioned above.
Can you get here for 9 am. (In50 mins time)

Got to the Dr. Told him what I'd been like for the last four months. He kept asking questions... From the answers I gave he genuinely showed concern.
I lay on the bed. Kept pressing my stomach.
It wasn't painful. Just uncomfortable.
I sat down again. He calmly said there is a 10 day wait for further investigation. I knew what it could be.
Then asked me to book a blood test within the next five days. I then left his office.
I was in there approximately 25 minutes.
Went to receptionist to ask for blood test.
You can have it now if you want?  Go to room... I got a blood test. Fifteen minutes later I was on the bus  
**I know the NHS has a lot of complaints. 
But I could not fault them**

Now I could do with some advice please.
Since the above, I haven't gone to the toilet as much. Sometimes I go to the toilet and it's hard work. Other times it's like it was a few weeks ago.
I feel a fraud. My toilet habits are a lot better. But there is still traces of runs.
Should I ring them and cancel any further procedure. 
I feel so bl**dy embarrassed because of the trouble I may have caused.

Folks please take my question seriously.
Although I feel a Pratt. Thank you

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Whilst unable to give medical advice I would say keep the appointment, it sounds like you are being well looked after.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Hi @oldngrumpy - whilst it may be absolutely nothing, it's right that your GP showed concern about any change in your toilet habits. It might sound like a daft question, but when you noticed your stool was red, had you by any chance recently ate beetroot? Beetroot can quite innocently make your stool red.
    As to how you are now, are you keeping yourself well hydrated when you're finding things difficult?
    Please don't feel like a fraud, & have confidence in how your GP has been; I'm sure they don't feel you've caused any trouble at all.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Morning @oldngrumpy you've done the right thing if that was my husband i would of sent him doc's earlier.
    YOU MAKE SURE YOU GO THROUGH THIS PROCESS !!!!!
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I just wanted to reiterate the above comments, and reassure you that you're not a fraud or a time waster at all @oldngrumpy! It's always better to get these things checked out, for your own peace of mind if nothing else. I'm glad that you've been feeling a little better, though :)
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness