he poem called remembering a memory of the park — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

he poem called remembering a memory of the park

Options
Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,380 Disability Gamechanger
 Hello Scope online community
I was part of a free workshop by 
Emilie Lauren Jones  Laural for Coventry. It was a fantastic experience and asked to write a poem about a memory that I  did not want to be forgotten 

The poem called remembering a memory of the park

One day hidden in Coventry monomial park water fountains, here children were heard playing in the water on a warm beautiful summer day. The water fountains stop flowing.

Which showed the fantastic enjoyment that children got from playing with the water, but now Coventry council can not afford money to keep the water fountains running, which is a crying shame. I want to make sure this memory is not lost and any cost.   

This poem is going to be put on a wall display of all the poems of people who took part in the workshop. When Emilie heard my poem above was a beautiful way with words and she did not give her email address to ask any questions I may forget to ask at the event 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing @Globster, it's great to see that you are involved with this :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,380 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Add new lines to the poem I would to hear what the scope online thinks about the poem

A poem called remembering a memory of the park

One day hidden in Coventry monomial park water fountains, here children were heard playing in the water on a warm beautiful summer day. The water fountains stop flowing.

Which showed the fantastic enjoyment that children got from playing with the water, but now Coventry council can not afford money to keep the water fountains running, which is a crying shame. I want to make sure this memory is not lost and any cost. It feels like the beating of the heart of the park has been absent for so long. The metal chains and locks on the gates to the water fountains are closed. The water fountains stand in all the glory and if the water fountains had voices, they would ask is the end of our story. Will children once again get the opportunity to play in the water on a hot summer day or during the school holidays.

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Globster. Thanks for sharing your added lines to the poem with us. 

I think your poem is wonderful, as always. Everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the summer!  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness