Pip first claim / OCD,ANXIETY,DEPRESSION — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip first claim / OCD,ANXIETY,DEPRESSION

jessica141
jessica141 Community member Posts: 27 Connected
Hi 
After years of being told by family,mental health nurse and gp iv finally put in for pip.
Applied 31st of january and had my phone assesment on tuesday, long story short, i suffer with ocd,anxiety and depression. On bad days im house bound, good days can go out but always have someone with me. 
On the form (which citizens advice filled in for me thanks to my mental reablement lady referring me) it stated how my partner cooks as im unable to, prompts me to get dressed,bathe etc has to deal with my meds as i have fears of overdosing and or taking the wrong medication and so on, but on the call with the asessor i feel like the things he asked me, didnt truly reflect how i live, for example he asked if i would be able to get my medication,which had already been stated i dont deal with them but asked if i physically could, which obviously i physically can but i dont down to stress and worry,will the decision maker take all into account? This wait is awful! Has anyone got any positive stories? 
Any help or input much appreciated 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,319 Disability Gamechanger
    Before making a decision all your evidence will be looked at, including the assessment report. It's very easy to overthink things after the assessment. I know it's difficult but please try to think of something else while you wait.
    A decision can be anywhere from 2-12 weeks. If successfully awarded any money owed is usually received into your bank before you receive the decision letter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @jessica141 :) It's great to have you with us!

I just wanted to echo what the others have said, in terms of trying to put it out of your mind for now. I hope that you get a positive result, but you have options if it doesn't go your way. Please do keep us updated!

I've sent you an email from community@scope.org.uk to see if there's anything we can do to support you, as it sounds as though you're facing quite a few challenges at the moment, so please keep an eye out for that if you can. You'd also be welcome to pop over to our mental health and wellbeing category if you want to talk about anything relating to your mental health. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • witt
    witt Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    edited May 2022
    At the moment im doing fine   going back in 2010  i had a bad relationship   with my ex girlfriend   i ended up trying to end my life   (Removed by moderator, potentially triggering content)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @witt, thanks for replying on this thread and sorry to read about what you went through. 

I recently sent you an email from community@scope.org.uk to the email address listed on your account, it would be great if you could give it a read and get back to us :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.