Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Jay1471! I recently got awarded PIP by text

Options
Jay1471
Jay1471 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited August 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi , I'm Jay I just recently got awarded PIP by text , I took 2 years to apply for it as I'm not very good at these things , I'm glad Iv found this site though , hi to everyone who reads this .

Jay
Tagged:

Comments

• Rue601
    Rue601 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    Options
    Hello Jay1471, congratulations for winning pip
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Morning @Jay1471 welcome to our great group.
    Well done with your PIP.
    When your ready have a look around the site to he how it works.
    You can join in on any of the chats/threads/debates/games or ask your own question, any problems just ask some one is bound to be on line.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,432 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Well done @Jay1471 and a welcome from me too
  • Jay1471
    Options
    Good afternoon , thank you to all of you that have said hi , I will have a look about , it seems like a really friendly place , take care all !
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Fantastic, well done on your award @jay1471 :) 

Welcome to the community from me too! It'd be great to see you around in our different categories of discussion

We're certainly a friendly bunch, and we're always around for a chat! Do you have any interests or hobbies that you'd like to share with us?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • Sue_Alumni
    Sue_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 486 Pioneering
    Options
    Good afternoon @Jay1471and welcome to the online community from me too and thank you for you lovely comments. The online community is very welcoming and very friendly and supportive. It sounds as if you're already finding your way around the forum but let us know if you need a hand with anything, and I hope you enjoy spending time here.

Congratulations on getting PIP :) Do you have any advice or "top tips" to share with other people going through the PIP process at the moment. 
    Take care 
    Sue 
    Online Community Adviser

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Jay1471
    Options
    I dont have any tips really ! , I do know that after the award text the back payment hits your bank within 4 working days , my hobbies are fixing stuff anything thats broken really , I buy stuff from ebay then fix it and resell it ! , thats my only real hobby ! , take care all !
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's a cool hobby @jay1471! What have you fixed recently? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • Jay1471
    Options
    That's a cool hobby @jay1471! What have you fixed recently? 
    3 hairdryers 1 from the 1940s and 2 from the 50s , and 2 xbox 1s ! 
  • daisygirl
    daisygirl Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    I got the same txt , thing that bothers me is the letter it talks about saying it will take 2 weeks the post are on strike soon for around a week so it will take longer.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think that's a great hobby @Jay1471 do you like watching the Repair Shop on the TV ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    daisygirl said:
    I got the same txt , thing that bothers me is the letter it talks about saying it will take 2 weeks the post are on strike soon for around a week so it will take longer.

You can also ring PIP to ask what the decision is and they will tell you.

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Telephone: 0800 121 4433
    Textphone: 0800 121 4493
    Relay UK (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 121 4433
    British Sign Language (BSL) video relay service if you’re on a computer - find out how to use the service on mobile or tablet
    Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
    Find out about call charges

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Just adding my hello and welcome to the community @Jay1471, it's great to have you join :)

Keep us up to date with how things are going when you can, and please do ask if you need a hand with anything!

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Jay1471
    Options
    SueHeath said:
    I think that's a great hobby @Jay1471 do you like watching the Repair Shop on the TV ?
    Hi Sue hope your keeping well.  I don't actually watch TV , I haven't done for years , I go on you tube quite a bit and have watched repair uploads when I'm stuck on something lol , I was a chef before my accident so didn't have time and I guess it just stuck , I hope everyone is having a great day !
  • daisygirl
    daisygirl Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    daisygirl said:

You can also ring PIP to ask what the decision is and they will tell you.

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Telephone: 0800 121 4433
    Textphone: 0800 121 4493
    Relay UK (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 121 4433
    British Sign Language (BSL) video relay service if you’re on a computer - find out how to use the service on mobile or tablet
    Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
    Find out about call charges

Thank you have made a call so thank you.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.