Hi, my name is TiredofPain! I have fibromyalgia and lumbar stenosis — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is TiredofPain! I have fibromyalgia and lumbar stenosis

Options
TiredofPain
TiredofPain Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I've had fibromyalgia over 40 years, but 5 years ago a different back pain. MRI shows lumbar
stenosis.  i had so much cortisone for the fibro, my bones are porous and I cannot have surgery. I am taking Norco, have tried other thing, TENS unit.  this chronic pain is getting me down.  found you on internet search and hoping to learn some things.

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A warm welcome to the community from me too @TiredofPain :) How are you doing today?

I'm also sorry to hear that you're struggling with chronic pain. I've moved your post into the chronic pain and pain management category that teddybear12 mentioned. I'd recommend that you take a look through there, as you're by no means the only one on the community to be living with these conditions. Though we're not able to offer medical advice, hopefully some of our members with personal experience of managing these conditions will find your post and offer you some support soon. 

Are you receiving support from a medical team to help you manage your pain levels?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • MillieMay
    MillieMay Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    Options
    @TiredofPain
    I would ask to be referred to a pain clinic.

Brightness