Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is JohnS43!

Options
JohnS43
JohnS43 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am an OAP and have had a serious problem since I was 31, but never knew I could claim for it. It has really shocked me to find out I could have, having struggled all these years. I cannot understand why I was never given any advice by anyone. I have always held down a job and have never claimed anything. Oh, how I wish I had been a scrounger and got every thing I could. At one time I was even a RBL Service Secretary, helping other ex-servicemen. I must have been so stupid.

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,451 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @JohnS43 welcome.  I'm not sure on what you mean by being a scrounger. People work and can claim  for disabilities.  
    Anyway take a look around the site and join in with the topics going around.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,112 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you mean the serious problem as in a health condition then this has never automatically entitled anyone to any benefits.
    I don’t really like the word “scrounger” that you used. I claim benefits because I’m entitled to them but I’m definitely not a scrounger! 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @johns43 :) Thanks for joining the community!

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced health problems for quite a while now. Would feel comfortable telling us a little more about the condition you live with? We have lots of members who live with a range of conditions and impairments, so I imagine there'd be someone out there who can relate to your experiences.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us