tanya advise and help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

tanya advise and help

Options
tanya4245
tanya4245 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Hello my name is Jim i am caring for tanya i would appreiate  

Comments

• tanya4245
    Options
    Hello my name is Jim i am caring for tanya i would appreciate any   
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @tanya4245 what help do you need? 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @tanya4245. Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. How are you today?

Would you like to share a little more with us about what you would appreciate?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A warm welcome to the community from me too @tanya4245 :) How's your weekend been so far? 

As the others have said, please do share a little bit more about what kind of help you're looking for, as we'd be happy to try and help where we can!

If you need any support using the community, please just give us a shout. You can email us on community@scope.org.uk if you need :)
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Are you having problems messaging @tanya4245 - ?
  • tanya4245
    Options
    Hi my names Jim I am currently caring for tanya, is it possible to talk to somebody as i have some concerns about her health and behaviour. thankyou  
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Good morning @tanya4245 i'm not sure if we can give advice like that, is it something you should speak to the Doctor about. It's nice to hear your supportive of Tanya - perhaps if you tell us a little more about Tanya's condition some one may have some answers. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,454 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I agree with Sue. You need to speak to her GP if you have any concerns. Does she also know that you're posting on a public forum asking for such advice, as well as giving her name?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @tanya4245

How are you today? and how is Tanya? 

If you are willing to share your concerns, maybe we could guide you in the right direction. As always, speaking with her GP would be one of the first point of calls and if you don't feel comfortable talking publicly on the forum, you can always email us; community@scope.org.uk.
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • tanya4245
    Options
    I was going to give you some background on tanya to get some advice and explain the situation with her, but straight away i am being criticised and being accused of not informing her of my intentions. i didn't come on hear for somebody to use me of a verbal punchbag. my job is difficult enough as it is without this type of behaviour, i will not be using this service again !!    
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,454 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I'm sorry if you didn't like my comment but i'm only speaking as a disabled person and a carer. I know if someone posted on an internet forum to ask for advice about me without first getting my consent i wouldn't be happy. I would be furious if they gave my name.
    Likewise with the person i care for, i wouldn't think about getting such advice without first speaking to the person i care for, even though it's my daughter but as an adult she has the right to have her say.
    We are entitled to our opinions.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Community_Scope
    Community_Scope Posts: 981 Scope online community team
    Options

Note from online community team:

Hello everyone,

We want this discussion to continue, but we’re concerned that things are becoming quite tense and could easily escalate.

Please remember that all discussions on Scope’s online community should remain civil, supportive, and safe.

We will continue to closely monitor this discussion, but if it escalates further, we may choose to pause, close, or even hide the discussion.

For more information, please read our online community house rules.

• SueHeath
    Options
    I'm really sorry you feel this way @tanya4245 , Poppy is of great support to our great group and i feel she was being protective of Tanya that's all. 
  • tanya4245
    Options
    I am closing it down, and leaving the site, dont want criticism like that at first point of contact i am her acting carer she is informed of everything that i do. i would not do anything under hand towards her found it very insulting. i suggest you her of some house rules.   
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to read you feel criticised @tanya4245 I'm sure that wasn't anyone's intention.

Can we still help with anything if you feel comfortable explaining the situation? :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness