Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Partially Sighted. How do I apply for a white cain to use when walking

Options
Sparklebright63
Sparklebright63 Scope Member Posts: 182 Courageous
edited December 2022 in Sensory impairments
Hi to all,

I am registered as Partially Sighted I have a Yellow card in my Purse how do I apply for a white cain to use when walking .
I have blurred vision in my not so good eye I keep walking into doors and walked into stool before and injured my foot.

Sparklebright63.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi 

You should be able to get one from your local council sensory team. If you have a look on your council website they should have a contact number . Or you could buy one from amazon or a sensory aid shop.
  • Sparklebright63
    Sparklebright63 Scope Member Posts: 182 Courageous
    Options
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @Sparklebright63. It is the very least you deserve.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to support you. We are all here for you and listening to you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes, you should be able to get one from your local authority @Sparklebright63 :) Have you been able to find the contact details you need? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us