Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Gallstones

Options
Samandian6175
Samandian6175 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi Everyone. 
 I have Gallstones, and after seeing 3 lots of Top surgeons over the years ,I have learnt that I now have to live with the pain . All 3 have said its to dangerous to operate because of my Anatomy.  Painkillers of which I have tried numerous only mask the pain slightly, they dont stop the pain .The medication can sometimes make me drowsy. I have to have lots of time off work of which I cant do properly because of medical problems.  Any advice would be appreciated 

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi from me too @Samandian6175 :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Samandian6175

I'm so sorry you are in so much pain :( I think Teddy's advice to be referred to a Pain Clinic is a great idea. Do you have a good relationship with your GP / Consultant? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good afternoon @Samandian6175 welcome to our great group,
    I do feel for you My son had to have his gallbladder removed so i know how bad the symptoms can be.
    I'm so sorry to hear that it's to dangerous for you to have any operations, this must make you feel awful.
    I really hope you can get a medication that works for you.
    When your ready have a look around the site, we have lots going on and you can join in or ask your own question, as Teddy said a few of us like the coffee lounge, you can get to know other members and it can be a great distraction.
    I look forward to seeing you around.