Just Returned From Stem Cell Threatment In Germany — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just Returned From Stem Cell Threatment In Germany

Guest Community member Posts: 1,968 Listener
edited June 2014 in Cerebral palsy
Hi,

Myself and my husband have just retuned from the X-Cell Center where our 3 year old son had stem cell treatment.

I am just looking to talk to anyone else who has been to the center. We found the experience very nice and we are seeing changes in our son already. We are trying not to get our hopes up as the treatment doesn't work for everyone. But so far so good.

Regards

Alicia

Comments

• mafala
    mafala Community member Posts: 71 Listener
    Hi Alicia,

Good to hear that your son has seen some improvements with stem cell treatment.

Have you got any more information about the centre you went to that you could please share?

Thanks.
  • fi
    fi Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi,

Myself and my husband have just retuned from the X-Cell Center where our 3 year old son had stem cell treatment.

I am just looking to talk to anyone else who has been to the center. We found the experience very nice and we are seeing changes in our son already. We are trying not to get our hopes up as the treatment doesn't work for everyone. But so far so good.

Regards

Alicia
  • mafala
    mafala Community member Posts: 71 Listener
    Hi Alicia,

Thanks for the info. It looks interesting, and it's something to consider in the future. Please fill us in with how your boy is getting on.

• fi
    Hi Mafala,

They have a very comprehensive website http://www.xcell-center.com/. We found everyone to be very helpful and the neurologist was fantastic. The only thing I would say is to try and speak to the doctor who will be treating your child before you go over. We arranged everything through an administrator and we didn't get all the information we needed. i.e. they would have preferred to see a more recent MRI. And we should have stayed longer in Germany to allow our son to recuperate.

They are very adamant that this is not a cure, but it may help. If you go into the Treatment tab on their website and then into results it will give you their findings from a trail they did for Cerebral palsy.

Alicia

• jleejimmy
    jleejimmy Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    hi alicia we are heading out to germany on the 22nd june this year with our 2 yr old little boy harvey who has cp and would love to speak to you over the phone if you would be willing to .my email address is .....................and if you would like can exchange phone number thanks jamielee

Forums Moderator - as per the forum rules we are unable to publish forum users personal details, such as email addresses and phone numbers, on this forum.
  • fi
    jamielee

I know it's really hard to find other parents to talk to about this. I am on facebook, hopefully you are too and you can look me up. I think I'm the first Alicia Liebenberg and I am in Ireland. Look forward to hearing from you.

Alicia

Forums Moderator - as per the forum rules we are unable to publish forum users personal details, such as email addresses and phone numbers, on this forum.
    [/quote]
  • MaddieMae
    MaddieMae Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    [quote name='Liebenberg' date='May 5 2009, 11:40 AM' post='33042']
    Hi,

Regards

Alicia
    [/quote]
    just seen your post and very very interested in stem cell - know it is controversial but heck will try anything. What is the latest with your son what sort of differences have you noticed.
  • mummytotwo
    mummytotwo Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hi,

have been checking out stem cell treatment for our daughter, are you aware that they are no longer carrying out these procedures in Germany, please check out there website if not.

Susanne
  • mummytotwo
    mummytotwo Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    just noticed that your post was from 2009, doh, sorry.

Susanne

Brightness