Dance Therapy ? Read this it very interesting. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dance Therapy ? Read this it very interesting.

Options
Noah
Noah Community member Posts: 425 Pioneering
Recently read an amazing article on about a 31 year old who vastly improved his quaility of life through dancing.

Click on the link to read
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/25/arts/dance/25palsy.html

My question is, does anyone know any really good dance teachers that have experence with working with people with CP and live in the South West?

Comments

• ScopeHelpline
    ScopeHelpline Community member Posts: 207 Courageous
    Options
    We only have very limited entries on our database for oganisations that have expressed an interest
  • Noah
    Options
    Thank you for the infomation - Also found the website http://www.danceindevon.org.uk very usefull.

Anyone got any experiences they want to share of how Dancy tharopy has helped them or someone they know who has CP? This is very exciting area - it makes physio fun - for the first time in 25 years! and I believe with the right indivual program it could a make real difference.
  • Noah
    Options
    Just bring this one back to the front, does anyone know any people that could help with Dance movement tharopy? Or personal experice stories. Amazing article in the new york times found above.
  • mafala
    mafala Community member Posts: 71 Listener
    Options
    What a fabulous story. I never bought into the idea that if you don't intervene early, you miss the boat. The our brain plasticity is amazing and we still don't even know what we're capable of. Body awareness is extremely important for our health and well-being. When you don't move or only move in very stereotypical patterns, you lose sense of your body as a whole and you experience pain. Using your body, in whatever way you can is key. Swimming, pilates, dancing, yoga, any activity you can access. Thanks for sharing this story.

Brightness