Just had Revision of Tibialis posterior Tendon Transfer Surgery — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just had Revision of Tibialis posterior Tendon Transfer Surgery

leg_iron
leg_iron Community member Posts: 20 Listener
I have just come out of hospital after having Revision of Tibialis posterior Tendon Transfer on my left foot. I am sure glad that i'm back home. Surgery went well though cant tell whether its been successful until i'm out of plaster and walking again. The foot is still blooming painful and i'm suffering with muscle spasms at the moment. It doesnt help that i had the cast changed 3 times in 2 days! I have got to go back in 2 weeks to get the cast changed and stitches removed.

Comments

• acrossthepond
    acrossthepond Community member Posts: 36 Listener
    Hi Leg Iron,

I'm glad that you were able to have your surgery. I hope that you have a quick recovery and are pain free soon. Whenever you are able, keep updating everyone on your progress. By sharing what we know from our experiences, others may benefit. Regards, acrossthepond.
  • Hymerkar
    Hymerkar Community member Posts: 63 Courageous
    Glad your surgery is over, hope it has all been a success.

Take care,

Karen
  • hazzy
    hazzy Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi leg iron

Glad to hear surgery went well. I was looking because i am due to go in for same op on same foot in about 6 weeks. How long did you have to stay in hospital and how long were you in bed when you came home. Was it very painful. I have been like this now on crutches for eleven months and am sick of it.
    They have said that i will be in plaster for approx 8 weeks and non-weight bearing completely for three months. Is that what they told you.
  • leg_iron
    leg_iron Community member Posts: 20 Listener
    Hi Hazzy, When i had the tibialis posterior tendon transfer originally done in 2008, i was partial weightbearing on it with in a couple of days as i cant use crutches non weight bearing. I was in plaster for 6 weeks and then in an aircast for 4 weeks.

This time i had the op on monday afternoon and they were trying to discharge me the following day but waited another 24 hours. I was partial weightbearing on it the day after as i cant use crutches non weight bearing. I was in plaster for 6 weeks and was up and about as soon as i got home. I live on my own and couldnt stay in bed for long apart from to catch up on my sleep It wasnt too painful afterwards. I had it done at the regional orthopaedic centre in Bristol. I ditched the crutches within a few days of coming out of plaster as they screw my shoulders up.

Hope this helps.

Good luck with your surgery. let me know how you get on.
  • mubarak
    mubarak Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Dear leg iron
    hope ur doing well
    have you done this surgery ( transfer of the tibialis posterior tendon to the tibialis anterior) to improve your foot drop function ?
    and hows your outcome?
    thank you
  • mubarak
    mubarak Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Dear hazzy
    hope ur doing well
    have you done this surgery ( transfer of the tibialis posterior tendon to the tibialis anterior) to improve your foot drop function ?
    and hows your outcome?

thank you

Brightness