My lovely boy — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My lovely boy

Options
MummyandCo
MummyandCo Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I have just joined this site after far too long of just reading the posts but not feeling able to write about it myself.
My son is 5 and has cp, he uses an electric wheelchair which he likes to pretend is Bumblebee (from Transformers) :)
Co was diagnosed when he was 10 months old and I had no idea before going to that appointment what was going to be said, I have never felt so helpless before.
My daughter who is 9 also has special needs, not cp but she has severe learning and behavioural problems. So everyday brings a challenge but everyday I am amazed at how strong and brave and loving my little boy is.

I find myself constantly scared of the future, whats going to happen, how hes going to cope with anything and everything, what the next scan or xray will say and saddness that this is what life will be for both of them and there is nothing I can do to fix it.
I have never written about it before but from reading your storys I didnt feel so alone and so Im hoping that someone understands how Im feeling.

Comments

• jodie24
    jodie24 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    Hi I was sad to read that you have two children with special needs. We know how difficult it can be as we have a four year old and two year old both with c.p. (although we are lucky and they are fairly mobile). We have gone through so many emotional challenges and still feel we have a way to go, but I understand your feelings of the future worries. I have put comments now and again - glad you have decided to as sometimes it does help to write it down. Wishing you lots of luck and know how hard it must be not to mention how tired you must be ! ! Jodie x
  • MummyandCo
    MummyandCo Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Thankyou for your response, its nice to know your not alone and to have somewhere like this to write it down sometimes.

Ever since hes been diagnosed there have been the good and bad days but it just seems the older he is getting the more bad days there are.
    I know that I'm not the only person dealing with something like this but you really can feel so alone sometimes and overwelmed by it all.
    I wish I had the power to take it all away for him to make it all better, I'm his mum I'm supposed to be able to but theres nothing I can do, both of my children are disabled and theres nothing I can do to make it better.
    They are 9 and 5 so you'd think by now I would have dealt with it but I still get so angry, why my babies, why both of them.
    I love my children more than anything else in this world but it breaks my heart that I cant make it better for them.

Brightness