Education and AAC (alternative communication) — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Education and AAC (alternative communication)

MidgeCaryer
MidgeCaryer Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited September 2014 in Education
My daughter, who has CP and is a communication aid user, is carrying out research for her Masters degree dissertation. She is exploring the experiences, attitudes and subsequent decision-making of parents regarding the education of their child who has little or no 'natural' speech and would like to interview (via email) parents of children who have little or no natural speech, or who use augmentative and alternative communication, of any age and whether or not they are still in education. Please reply if you would be willing to help. It should not take long and confidentiality is assured.

Comments

• Hellynn
    Hellynn Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi Midge,

My son is 5 with quad CP, little/no speech. Using AACs at home and school. Would be happy to help.
  • hilsflynn
    hilsflynn Community member Posts: 24 Listener
    I would happily help out...my son is currently part time in pre-school due to start full time in reception in September. The ICT/AAC support teacher, in consultation with us and others, is currently working out what AAC device to provide for him for September. I hope it is a briding tool, as I still hope he will develop speech (he is deaf with a CI as well as having CP), but it may well be a permanent feature of his life. Only time will tell. I assume I am unable to provide any contact details in the post, so don't know how you can get it touch with me (I'm on FB), but feel free to try and if you can I will help in anyway I can.
  • MidgeCaryer
    No, it didn't work. (I should have read the rules!) Please contact me on Facebook.
  • MidgeCaryer
    Thank you. Not sure if this will work but my daughter's email address is ************************ (email address removed as against forum rules)
    if you could send her a brief note she will respond with further details.

Brightness