Standing frame to give away — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Standing frame to give away

Options
kingboy25
kingboy25 Community member Posts: 57 Listener
got a standing frame to give away as moving house. Any suggestions how I can find it a new home in the NorthWest. Measures 46 inches from footplate to about shoulder blades. On braked castors.

Comments

• My_angel
    My_angel Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    Options
    Hello, we are now trying to get a standing frame for our 18 month daughter - but it wont be earlier than 4-5 month via NHS. if still available to collect - we re happy to take it. please let me know. thanks
  • kingboy25
    kingboy25 Community member Posts: 57 Listener
    Options
    Sorry we have now given it to a charity shop. In any case it would be far to big for your child as my son was in the juniors when it was made for him. Four to five months is not a particularly long wait for a standing frame to be made but I know it is frustrating to have to wait. Ask your physio to show you how to support your child correctly in the standing position for brief periods then when you eventually get the frame she will be a little familiar with the position. Alternatively ask her if she knows of one in stores not being used that you could borrow. Special schools often have outgrown or old fashioned equipment that they no longer use. The occupational therapy department of Social Services is another possible source.

Brightness