Does anyone use Kinesio Tape? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does anyone use Kinesio Tape?

gigglersmum
gigglersmum Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited May 2014 in Cerebral palsy
Does anyone use Kinesio tape as part of physio treatment for their child? Seems to be widely used in the USA for children with CP but, as with many CP therapies, not much scientific research to ascertain effectiveness. I'd be interested to know if anyone has personal experience of it here in the UK. Seems to be a favourite amongst olympic athletes!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18672458

Comments

• franny-lou85
    franny-lou85 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi
    We have just booked our 22 month old daughter in for an assessment next week for kineseo taping in the West Midlands! I went on www.kinesotape.co.uk and called their number under 'contact us' and then found practioner from there.
    We take Molly to Conductive Education at NICE and conductor told us about it as parents of another hemiplegic child are using it and is working wonders!
    Assessment
  • franny-lou85
    franny-lou85 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi
    Thought I'd update you... We took Molly for taping yesterday and are so impressed with results! She has tape to her foot, back, neck, arm and hand. On application her foot immediately went into a better position and has held that! She is noticeably moving her arm more and her hand was open all day yesterday!
    Her hand is fisted again today but it is her most affected part so I'm not too surprised about that.
    The therapist said after a few applications and Molly and I an used to application, she will teach me so I can save money and do it alone!
    Hope this has helped xx
  • gigglersmum
    gigglersmum Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Thanks for posting, its interesting to know your experience. Sounds like you are getting great results!
  • Tripletmom
    Tripletmom Community member Posts: 37 Listener
    Hi, i have 2 year old triplets and a new born! :) on of the triplets has quad cp and has used the taping for 4 months now and has a little six pack appearing. Trunk is improving heaps, as he started with really bad trunk and head control. Highly recommended. x

Brightness