How my Cerebral Palsy inspired my business idea. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How my Cerebral Palsy inspired my business idea.

Options
Susan_el
Susan_el Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 2014 in Research and opportunities
My name is Susan, and I have had Cerebral Palsy since birth. It was through my struggles trying to fashionable shoes I could wear, with my disability, that I was inspired to try and set up an online shoe company, that will sell fashionable shoes that are accessible to people with disabilities, as well as the general market. (To learn more please follow link to my article http://disabilityhorizons.com/2013/10/addressing-a-need-to-create-a-business/ ).
Currently I am at the research stage of my business. In order to progress to the next stage, and to refine my unique selling points for the disabled market, I need a minimum of 52 responses for my market questionnaire in order for the business to be feasible.
I need people to complete the questionnaire and to forward it on to as many people as possible please. I need people with disabilities to fill it out. However I also need people without disabilities but who suffer problems finding shoes in the mainstream market i.e maybe your feet are extra wide, small, or large and you find it hard to find shoes. Or maybe you can't wear high heels for some reason. I need to hear from everyone who struggle to find their needs met. I need to hear from people over the age of 16 plus, as starting I will only be able to cater for adults but hope to expand to children. Please can you help me get a minimum of 52 responses? Here is the link to the survey on Survey Monkey http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HSVX2X2
Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Comments

• niceboots
    niceboots Scope Member Posts: 198 Pioneering
    Options
    what a fantastic idea!!!
    I find getting shoes a nightmare!!! I am a man that loves fashion, and would love to be able to have more of a choice of footwear to finish off outfits, as a good pair of shoes can make all the difference!!
    I have always been limited to piedro boots, or skate type trainers with my splints. I can't imagine what it must be like for ladies!! best of luck with your business
    chris
  • Susan_el
    Susan_el Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for your response to my post, it is very encouraging!
    I plan to launch a Men's range too. So I would love your feedback by completing the questionnaire, if you haven't done so already. And please also don't forget to forward my questionnaire to all your friends.

Many thanks,
    Susan
  • rcwallace22
    rcwallace22 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    Options
    This is cool! I run a website called Living positively with Cerebral Palsy!
    See :https://healthunlocked.com/livingpositively. It's for Adults with CP
    I'lll post your link . Would you mind writing a blog for me because this sounds great.
  • Hannah_RosyandBo
    Hannah_RosyandBo Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Options
    Hi Susan - that's an amazing idea! My business was also inspired by my daughter's disabilities. Rosy has autism and leaning disabilities.

I'd love to chat to you about your business and would be very happy to help any way I can..

Have a look at RosyandBo.com

Kindest

Hannah

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.