Computer Grant — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Computer Grant

MAF
MAF Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello, I would like to buy a special touch screen computer for my daughter to enable her to express her needs better and reduce the frustration/isolation. My daughter is 28 and has severe learning difficulties as well as epilepsy. Does anyone know of a good organisation I could apply to for a grant? Many thanks for your support.

Comments

• Heather
    Heather Community member Posts: 168 Connected
    Hi
    Wow that's a toough one! Surely once you become an adult in this country you become cured?!?!?!?!?! Not used these people myself but a friend recommended you approach:-
    Computers For The Disabled
    Registered Charity No.1069626
    Quality recycled PC's & new parts supplied to the Disabled, the housebound,
    Disabled centres & home users by our Non-profit organisation.
    Chairman Paul Harris
    Tel:01268-284834 Fax: 01268-479028
    Email: bigpaulh@blueyonder.co.uk
    All Correspondence to: 41, New Waverley Road. Noak Bridge. Laindon. Essex. SS15 4BJ

Good luck

• BusyOT
    BusyOT Community member Posts: 76 Listener
    Hi, I don't know of any grant funding but wondered if you had asked around to see if anyone has got one that they no longer use or thought about asking in your local PC shop (not the big national companies, just the local guys) . You would be surprised how many people buy these very expensive pieces of kit and then can't use them quite like they thought they could or that they haven't met their expectations. It might be worth taking a wild card shot and asking on your local freecycle network - you never know!
  • biglynn
    biglynn Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    u could try applying for a small grant from the family fund they are based in york
  • Teresa
    Teresa Community member Posts: 24 Listener
    I came across this website the other day, and remembered your post. It gives advice on how to apply for grants for special/adapted computer equipment, and a list of organisations to apply to. The site is www.abilitynet.org.uk

Hope it's some help. Good luck

Brightness