Sand timers — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sand timers

fairywishes
fairywishes Community member Posts: 25 Listener
Just a quick question does anyone know anywhere cheap & reliable to buy sand timers? All the ones I'm looking at are about £10 and I want 10min, 5min, 1min so could do without that cost. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Heather
    Heather Community member Posts: 168 Connected
    Hi
    Does it have to be sand timers? I use cooking timers....admitted my son gets so wise he moves the timers on and the sand ones he just kept turning them over again! Cheeky Monkey!
  • Willow
    Willow Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    Maybe ehow or wikki how for how to make your own sand timers from old pop bottles
    Or place a line/marker on end time of a real clock or a number eg 16.20 to match a digital clock
    Or try Amazon for cooking timers (but some buzz when they are done )
    Check in your house :we have a digital timer in our hot wheels set and sand timers in lots of our games
  • fairywishes
    Thanks for the suggestions. In the end I brought a set of 5 cheaper ones here & 1 10min large one. http://www.crossboweducation.com/sand_timers1.htm

Will see if it helps.
    I think it did need to be the visual ones. I like the stronger big ones but I can't afford a few of them but I think these may work.
  • fairywishes
    The sandtimes have arrived. They are great and working well. The 10min one is much better but I am happy with all of them.

Brightness