Problem getting Equipment — Scope | Disability forum

Problem getting Equipment

scottishborn73 Member Posts: 1
I am a carer for a family member after along fight with the social work i got a carers assessment . I have had 2 occupational therapists both have been lets say bad ! I have not got the equipment i need has anyone got any advice on how to get whatwe need ?! we have just had the case closed again but we need equipment for showering


  • Flossy
    Flossy Member Posts: 16
    Hi scottishborn73. I know what you mean about OT were on our 3rd one the other 2 we had were brilliant couldnt fault them at all the 3rd one we've only seen her once. When I needed my sons chair reassessing I just kept ringing them up and telling them this was urgent. An OT assistant came out and adjusted sons chair in the end, she couldnt see what all the fuss was about!!!! Have you tried rininging Social Services, demand that you need this equipment for your child I would just keep pestering them. They've always moaned about lack of staff so now there doing it even more cos of the cut backs I wouldnt take any notice of them HOUND THEM if possible for you. Have you tried getting in touch with your local council/MP for your area back up always seems to work and who is on the understanding of the disability needs. If you get the assessment for your child let me know if you have to go for a grant for this equipment as I know a few charities. good luck xxx
  • Heather
    Heather Member Posts: 168 Connected
    It's all red tape and shouting! When an accident happens, no matter how small tell the officials you hold them responsible. Threat of legal action for injury might make them stop and listen. Good luck