Sensory Processing YouTube Videos — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sensory Processing YouTube Videos

BusyOT
BusyOT Community member Posts: 76 Listener
edited February 2015 in Autism and neurodiversity
Just found this via Richard Hirstwood's facebook page. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2iOliN3fAE explaining poor sensory processing particularly in the proprioceptive system. I thought it was great and had to share! Anyone got any other good short clips that have helped you out?
Arlene

Comments

• Heather
    Heather Community member Posts: 168 Connected
    Hi Arlene. If I videoed my son it wouldn't be acting! LOL. The clip is so typical of all the daily activities my son gets upto. Have to admit I hadn't acknowledged the reasoning behind his finger prints all over my windows,walls and doors. Now I understand I won't nag him so much not to keep touching everything with his grubby hands! Since our enquiry to get an OT sensory assessment, we now have an OT from NHS coming to the house to help as our son who is having severe anxiety attacks. Thank you so much for sharing the clip.
  • Alistair
    Alistair Community member Posts: 102 Listener
    Great, just watched the facebook clip. It has given me a better insight into my daughters behaviour. But there is so much more, isn't there?
    A lot of her repetative and 'sensory' behaviour is acoumpanied by 'odd' language eg. she will say 'Look dad' as she knocks on the table to tell me the only knock knok joke that she knows. It is so great to get to understand our lovely children!

Brightness