trying to find out what OTs currently offer for adults with learning disabilities find employment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

trying to find out what OTs currently offer for adults with learning disabilities find employment?

Comments

• Louise8
    Louise8 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi Arlene
    I am a third year student studying occupational therapy and I am currently doing a service proposal for adults with learning disabilities. I am looking at paid employment. I am trying to find out what OTs currently offer within their services helping adults with learning disabilities find employment? Or are there lots of barriers or restrictions such as time, funding, policies etc that prevent OTs from being able to focus in this area?
    I would really appreciate any help you could give as i am struggling to find information of what Ot's offer in this area of speciality.
    Many thanks
  • BusyOT
    BusyOT Community member Posts: 76 Listener
    Hi Louise, I suspect it is very different in each area for different reasos. COTSSPLD will likely be able to give you a clearer picture from across the UK. I'm happy to chat on the phone about the service we deliver in Highland if that would be helpful - if you head over to twitter you will find me there as BusyOT, DM me and we can exchange numbers. Kind regards Arlene
  • Louise8
    Louise8 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi Arlene thank you for your reply. I am thinking about doing my service proposal on vocational rehabilitation for adults with learning disabilities. The statistics for adutls with learning disabilities is still very low despite there being a lot of support available. What do you think the barriers for adults with learning disabilities are? I am not on twitter unfortunately I can give you my email address which is H.L.Jervis@student.liverpool.ac.uk and we can swap numbers?

thanks
    Helen

Brightness