Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I need a cleaner.

Options
charlie204
charlie204 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
I’m diagnosed with MS. I have serious shoulder and arm issues. Apart from being fed up with not being able to keep my house clean, I’m sick of being ignored/forgotten about. So, my rant for the day would have to be, don’t be disabled unless you have loads of money. I am in [removed by moderator - personal information] and need a cleaner. Currently waiting on social prescribers to reply to me. All suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Hello @charlie204

Welcome to the community! I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Rant away here! <3

Just to let you know, I have removed your location from the post. Just to keep you safe as we are a public forum. I hope you hear back from the social prescribers soon. It's very similar but you could also apply for a needs assessment to help with the cleaning. They can also support with any home adaptations you may need.
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • charlie204
    charlie204 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Options
    Whilst I appreciate your reasoning, my reason for posting my approximate location is because I don’t want suggestions of cleaners in random parts of the British isles.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,101 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Whilst I appreciate your reasoning, my reason for posting my approximate location is because I don’t want suggestions of cleaners in random parts of the British isles.

You have to remember that this is a public forum and anyone can see what you post. It's for your own safety that scope do not allow personal information such as locations, full names and addresses etc.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @charlie204 We have unfortunately had spam accounts come out because they use a location as a keyword search. 

Looking locally, I would suggest posting on a local Facebook group. As you'll get some reviews of services from other members. Or maybe even see if your local council have a list of local cleaning businesses that can help? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Marina52
    Marina52 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    If you are on facebook certainly look for a local page where you can ask for recommendations from other people before deciding who you want. It works very well in my local village