I'm sitting on a lot of good revenue generating ideas, but no one listens — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm sitting on a lot of good revenue generating ideas, but no one listens

Options
Tim Woodman
Tim Woodman Community member Posts: 3 Listener
This discussion was created from comments split from: I’m Michelle, and I’m a Pre-Employment Advisor.

Comments

• Tim Woodman
    Options
    I posted this on the wrong forum so here it is in the right place.

I am an ex OAP RN veteran living off a 40% war pension caused by my experiences in Aden and other horrible places, but this is not why I post here.

I am a studious and bright man who has been researching this and that over the years and have found a lot of very easy, unique and cheap money making ideas using scrap waste and thrown away rubbish such as shopping trollies, worn out old bicycles and bits of scrap plastic. I was a aircraft fitter and like making things anyway.

I am in a position to employ local disabled people in West Kent on a profit sharing basis but everywhere I turn to for help and guidance here around here passes the buck and tells me they are not set up for such as me. It is very disheartening.

I am interested in employing mainly the mentally ill and ex service folk but the charities for this here do not listen at all. They only seem to want people they can patronise, counsel or sentimentalise and like to fit me into a convenient crazy persons box, not as a prospective employer and money maker for them.

I have found that the CAB here exists mainly to support the status quo, and cannot get any legal advice here as they don't know about such as me, where can I get employees, guidance and advice from? I am a poor man with no savings but am sitting on a lot of good revenue generating ideas, but no one listens. Has anyone any ideas?

• Tim Woodman
    Options
    As an addition to this, I build PC operating systems for disabled people using Linux, there are more disability programs for this than you can shake a big stick at, especially for children. Is anyone interested?

I welcome questions from tecchies on this, I am not here to muck people about.
  • Chell
    Chell Community member Posts: 20 Listener
    Options
    HI Tim,

I have contacted a friend who might be able to give me contact detail of organisation that would be able to help you as a veteran, as I know there are specific teams that can help with setting up businesses. So please bare with me whilst I wait for a response.

Chell
  • Chell
    Chell Community member Posts: 20 Listener
    Options
    HI, Tim

Sorry my contact has just come back to me.

Kevin Smallwood is the National lead for Veterans and also responsible for self employment programs has asked if you can call him. Kevin will be able to assist you further.

Kevin.smallwood@remploy.co.uk or call

Good Luck

Brightness