I can't work for longer than half a day at a time, 4 hour blocks at most — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I can't work for longer than half a day at a time, 4 hour blocks at most

Comments

• Anne87
    Anne87 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi, I hope this is the right place to ask this. My job ends soon. Currently I work 2 mornings and 1 afternoon a week and am also studying one morning a week. Because of my chronic pain condition I can't work for longer than half a day at a time, 4 hour blocks at most. When I look on job sites it seems half days just aren't wanted and even more so when I email employers they tell their part time hours are 3 days a week etc and cannot be half days. Is there anywhere I can go to get help finding more options? I will be continuing my course one morning a week but want and need a job at least 3 mornings a week. I live in Surrey, I have a bsc and I can't do heavy lifting or standing for long periods. Hopefully you can help me- if not can you tell me which bit of scope could? Anne
  • RichardLamplough
    RichardLamplough Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    I echo what Chell says. If you follow this link you will see a list of some support organisations in Surrey.... I put it together three to four years ago and because this website no longer receives funding have been able to update it. This means some of it will be out of date - sorry about that! However, many organisations listed there will still exist and one or two might be able to help. Good luck! http://www.theseen.uk.net/surrey/intro-work-support-orgs.php
  • Chell
    Chell Community member Posts: 20 Listener
    Hi Anne87,

You are in luck we have offices in surrey that will be able to help you. you just need to contact your local job centre and say that you would like to be referred to Scope. You don't say what you are doing or what sort of job you are looking for. if you are looking for retail, you would be in luck as they only give part time contracts in our experience . If you are looking for office, start by updating your CV and send speculative letters out to small companies in you area, stating you are looking for part time work, include Dr surgeries, as they are always looking for part time people.

If you are happy to let scope help you, please contact me again and I will arrange for the surrey team to contact you.

hope this helps

Chell
  • Chell
    Chell Community member Posts: 20 Listener
    Thanks Richard that is really useful

Brightness