How it hurts to see a child with cerebral palsy but have no capacity to help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How it hurts to see a child with cerebral palsy but have no capacity to help

alouis
alouis Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited July 2016 in Cerebral palsy

Comments

• alouis
    l am an intern at this small organization in Zimbabwe which helps children with disabilities. social involvement of people with disabilities is what l want to see in my country, but the capacity to foster my dream and passion is very tiny. Please any one with better ideas help me.
  • Vic
    Vic Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Hello Alouis

It sounds like a really interesting internship - are you there for long? It is such an enormous task to change attitudes. I would say start small with positive attitudes and a 'can do' way of working is essential for people to be able to reach their full potential .

Have a look at Scope's Video on the Social Model of Disability which maybe useful at http://www.scope.org.uk/about-us/our-brand/social-model-of-disability or the  End the Awkward videos at  
    I think you have made a great start by linking to other national and international disability organisations to see what they are doing. I wish you all good luck and look forward to hearing about how it is going.

• alouis
    Things are going well, but you know lack of resources is the biggest challenge
  • tisszy
    tisszy Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    What do you think you need? 
  • alouis
    Well wishers who can fund the Organization. the youths need diapers and detergents because they do bed wetters. We also need help with medication.

Brightness