parking stickers — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

parking stickers

lindamay1951
lindamay1951 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
can anyone recommend a web site that i can get stickers to put on cars parked in disabled places without  a blue badge x

Comments

• onmybiketoo
    onmybiketoo Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    Be careful putting stuff on people's cars can constitute unlawful interference with someone else's property. Grey area of law, check your legal rights before doing so. 
  • foxuk
    foxuk Community member Posts: 103 Pioneering
    I wouldn't use 'stickers' - a simply printed piece of paper will do - under the windscreen wiper.

Our beloved Police will be far more interested in any damage you could do with a sticker than the abuser using one of our parking bays. Their thought is that taking such action is the start of vigilanteism which must be stamped out at all costs.

• Philip
    Philip Community member Posts: 34 Courageous
    What have have considered is writing a simple note regarding disabled parking, wrap it around a brick & throw it through the windscreen, that might work!
  • CharlotteN27
    CharlotteN27 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Philip said:
    What have have considered is writing a simple note regarding disabled parking, wrap it around a brick & throw it through the windscreen, that might work!
    oh gosh i want to laugh so hard but i have lost my voice . lol
    while we are talking about car parking... any idea how to stop people parking on the pavement? on way to work vans keep forcing me to walk on the road. I am blind. (I have a Guide Dog) the council don't give a flying monkeys
  • foxuk
    The councils do not give a tuppeny damn about pavement parking or obstruction at the moment.

The response to most requests for action are met with vague comments about cuts (as if Disabled People need reminding.)

The only way of getting enforcement of the LAW would be if they saw it as a money making action i.e. keeping a big percentage of the fines.

Works for me :o)

Jon
  • CharlotteN27
    shame i like the brick through the window idea better (I wont do it) 

The council hate doing anything I think I have to get hit by another car for anyone to notice.

what do you think of this as a news paper headline. blind women injured by car as no room on the pavement for her to walk.
  • foxuk
    They only take notice of serious injury and/or death these days.... I joke not!

Then they can do a surveillance exercise, followed by consultation (that's where they tell us what they have decided is good for us and we have to agree...... or else!). Then they can employ the husband of a cousin of someone to do £3M to £4M of work on the road which will be deducted from the Care budget.

I have been accused of being a Cynic when I post about this stuff, I've no idea why.

Jon
  • CharlotteN27
    There has got to be a better way? We really need to do something. 
    Someone (most likely me) is going to get killed. 
  • foxuk
    I agree.

All I can really say is that the internet reduces the number of times we have to use the outside environment these days.

I have yet to have one of our 'beloved' councillors use the delivery option but am expecting it as soon as they learn how to use computers....

Jon
  • Philip
    The problem is,  the fact that I doubt we have too many disabled councillors who face the problems we have, as for vehicles parking on pavements, I myself had a near miss while HAVING to walk in the middle off the road, the spotty youth & his pimply mate thought it was funny, until a police car drove along the road, stopped & the officer asked why I was walking in the middle of the road, being a danger to myself & others, I pointed out the obstacle  (obviously him & his colleague didn't see it!!!*). The 2 lads in the car stopped laughing, I watched as the officers issued the ticket for illegal parking, no insurance, tax or mot, had the vehicle seized. One of the boys got arrested for threatening me, what a great day that was, however, like previous comments have said, someone will get seriously injured or killed, the authorities will then do something about it, when it's too late for one.
  • Gordon54
    Gordon54 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    I have purchased some from Amazon, they look authentic like traffic wardens lol. These are not sticky backed etc, but I will advise caution! The vast majority of people that park in Disability bays are also the "none conformist type" and might (quite possibly) be verbally or psycically aggressive towards you if the catch you doing the "Parking Attendent" bit.
    Yes it's funny to see their reactions but is it worth the Fracas?  
  • Philip
    I still say a scribbled note wrapped around a brick through the windscreen is a better idea
  • Gordon54
    Philip your method is, well mmm. Authentic !
    but then so is a parting in your hair with a lump of 4x2!! 
  • Philip
    That's true, however, like a few other people I tend to get a bit chewed when that sort of thing happens, especially when they park their car so it takes up a couple of spaces, that's just selfish!
  • Gordon54
    Selfish and "Pig Ignorant", but normally they are the type to be verbally aggressive and threatening. On Facebook there is a page about these scumbags, and members post photos of said vehicles and where and when they did it. Hopefully a council somewhere will take a more proactive approach and clamp them. They don't register their cars etc so fines in the post get placed straight into the bin. 

Brightness