Are there any jobs that can be done completely from home? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Are there any jobs that can be done completely from home?

Options
Diogenes42
Diogenes42 Community member Posts: 27 Connected
Does anyone know of any jobs that can be done completely from home? I am currently self employed but it isn't paying the bills & my health has been in a steady decline recently. I am able to use a computer for a few hours each day.
Thanks. Dave

Comments

• Jgeek
    Jgeek Community member Posts: 66 Connected
    Options
    Hey Dave, more companies are offering the option to work from home, its mainly something you bring up at interview I found the it is rarely advertised. Go for jobs that are clearly desk based and non-client facing that work to your strengths. I go in twice a month but that's mainly to annoy my team! 
  • Diogenes42
    Diogenes42 Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    Options
    Thanks for replying. I would be unable to work at a desk or in an office as I frequently need to lay down during the day as a result of my illness.
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Diogenes42,

There's a few things to look at here with your current self-employment including whether you would qualify for Working Tax Credit Disabled Worker Element. This could bring in an additional source of income to help you maintain your current work. Disability Rights UK has a really good factsheet about this http://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/tax-credits-extra-money-due-disability 

If you would like to have a chat about this and look at some other options including benefit entitlements, I'm happy to talk this through with you.

Best wishes
    Debbie

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.