Single mum of a daughter awaiting Autism and ADHD diagnosis, any advice or support? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Single mum of a daughter awaiting Autism and ADHD diagnosis, any advice or support?

Options
danni6589
danni6589 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 7 in Start here and say hello!
Hi, I am a single mum of a 12 year old girl who is awaiting a diagnosis for Autism and ADHD. I am really struggling to know what on earth to do in pretty much every situation with her! I don’t know if I should tell her off or hug her most days. Could really do with some support. Been waiting for her diagnosis for 3 years and now she is in secondary school everything has amplified. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,446 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @danni6589, welcome to the community. Secondary school can be a really rough time, but I hope we can be a source of support for you and your daughter.

I'll move your post over to our Autism and Neurodiversity boards where I know our lovely members will be able to offer their support and advice about what's helped them in the past. I just wanted to pop in to say hello and welcome first :)

Does your daughter receive any support at school at all?
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness