Hi, my name is Kris210564! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Kris210564!

Kris210564
Kris210564 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I am 52 years old and have been disabled since 2010, I have  lost one kidney due  to  cancer and have cancer of the other one, also cancer of lung just been diagnosed. /hoping that radiotherapy will sort that, but waiting for appointment. I have COPD  and congenital heart disease and have survived a ruptured thoracic aortic aneurysm, which was repaired in 2004 luckily, I had a CABG  at the same time. I have had another aortic aneurysm in my abdomen repaired after it was found during a CT scan on my kidney. I had a bleed in my bowel which was investigated via a colonoscopy  which punctured my bowel, it was found two days later when I collapsed with peritonitis. this resulted in a colostomy bag and five and a half months in hospital, after 5 operations to fix it didn't work, this was reversed after a year. This all left me with severe depression.
I was put on DLA  indefinitely, but had to go for an independent review in the spring, which  was granted. I have now got to go through it all again as they change from DLA to PIP, the assessor is coming to my home next Monday, I hope this is not as upsetting as the last one, I feel that I am being put into the same group as scrounger and fakers.
I would love to go to work but it is just simply impossible. 
Trying to keeping my chin up and do what  I  can.

Comments

• Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi @Kris210564,

I hope the assessment goes well today and that it's not upsetting. You've got a lot going on with your health and this will come across in the assessment and I'm sure you've provided lots of medical evidence. 

All you can do is keep your chin up as you say and do what you can. Take no notice of the scrounger and faker accusers, you know the truth. I hope you've found comfort from reading the other PIP related discussions and that its helped you prepare for today.

Let me know how you get on and if you need anything or want to talk it through after, let me know.

Best wishes
    Debbie

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.