Mild ataxic CP and exhaustion? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mild ataxic CP and exhaustion?

JadeB
JadeB Community member Posts: 62 Courageous
edited December 2016 in Cerebral palsy
I am 23 and have mild ataxic cerebral palsy. I do not use a wheel and and am very independent. However over the last few months i ave been finding it increasingly difficult. Im exhausted all of the time but this is not just a tired feeling. Its pure almost immobilised exhaustion. I have also noticed an increase in shaking from time to time and my left arm and leg with occasionally spasam. However i never had muscle spasm,s before. I was wounderinng if anyone else with ataxic CP has been experiencing anything simmilar or has any advice 

thanks xx

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2016
    This post and answers by @Annabelandalex09 might be of help to you about fatigue and CP.

@Stayce has also previously suggested being referred to Occupational therapist for Fatigue Management.

Best of luck to you
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    How are you feeling today @JadeB ?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • JadeB
    Hi Sam thanks for asking. Not long I'm from work (work afternoons/evenings.) better day today still been feeling tired, in quite a bit of pain with my worst affected leg. But am hoping for a better day tomorrow how are you ? X
  • the_velvet_girl
    the_velvet_girl Community member Posts: 107 Courageous
    I have both mild spastic & ataxic CP & I'm exhausted all the time. I had to give up working full time due to being shattered. I'm about to start work part time next week hoping I can cope with the fatigue. I've been referred to neurology as my GP thinks I might have post impairment disease as there is no other medical reason for my tiredness.
  • JadeB
    Hi thanks for the reply. I went to my doctors in the end and they took a blood sample. It turns out I have a vitamin B deficiency, and have been put on folic acid. This has helped somewhat, they also said that it may be due to the premature aging we with cp can experience. So I'm just going to have to get on with it I suppose. Good luck with your new job I'm sure you'll be fine @the_velvet_girl
  • the_velvet_girl
    I went back to my GP as I'm struggling to look after myself due to being shattered all the time. I saw a different GP in the practice who did more blood tests & I was diagnosed with a lack of Vitamin D & started on medication last week. It really frustrates me when GP's put all my symptoms down to CP without ruling out every other possible diagnosis first!
  • the_velvet_girl
    I went back to my GP as I'm struggling to look after myself due to being shattered all the time. I saw a different GP in the practice who did more blood tests & I was diagnosed with a lack of Vitamin D & started on medication last week. It really frustrates me when GP's put all my symptoms down to CP without ruling out every other possible diagnosis first!
  • JadeB
    @the_velvet_girl sorry for the very late reply. I know what you mean it’s been a year and I’ve gone back to the doctors again. They said my being exhausted and having extreamly high pain levels (pain has increased a lot over the last year ) could be signs of ME or fybromyalgia. So looks like the cp isn’t always the answer. I hope you are well x

Brightness