Introduction to myself — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Introduction to myself

Options
EmmaCook84
EmmaCook84 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello
I am not physically disabled, I have Autism. I was diagnosed as an adult a couple of years ago. This has helped explain many of my struggles in life, and I have come to a good understanding of how Autism can be across the spectrum and how I am autistic.

other major issues I'be had are psychiatric. I'be had three short stays in a ward, due to Schizoid Affectations, and Severe Depression and I've been a psychiatric out patient, throughout my adulthood. I am now in a really good place and in a state of recovery, that I can maintain. I have recently started being supported by National Autistic Society.

I'm quite impressed with Scope as a charity, from changing it's name in the early 90s to it's recent End the Awkward campaign. I also like going to one of their charity shops, in a town nearby, the staff there are lovely and friendly.

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @EmmaCook84 Welcome to the community, I hope you will enjoy chatting here. 

I loved the End The Awkward campaign, I just really liked that it gave the ideas around disability a good shake and made people think twice about their concepts.

I look forward to chatting with you!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness