New to the community — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New to the community

kilincarslan
kilincarslan Community member Posts: 4 Listener
hi I have joined to meet new people and get advise . I have spinal issues and had two ops with fusions and now i seemed to acquired more friends as I call them and have arthritis ofthe spine and hip ,diabetes and complex regional pain syndrome caused by nerve damage and fibromyalgia, and now going through the changes of DLA changing to PIP which is frightening and stressful as I was awarded DLA indefinite and now having all these changes 

Comments

• bam
    bam Community member Posts: 326 Pioneering
    Hello@Kilincarsclan how was your New Year's? Welcome to the community. It sounds like you've been through a lot. There's a lot of great people on here to talk to. You should check out their categories section
  • kilincarslan
    Hi  happy new year to you to you . My new year was a nice and relaxing time . Yes I have been through a lot health wise but you still have to remain positive and smiling as there is people out there going through worse health problems then myself . So it will be nice to speak to others who can give advise on there experiences as were all going through life changes when we develop health issues 
  • bam
    @kilincarslan That's an excellent attitude to have.
  • kilincarslan
    My spinal injuries was caused as a result of being assaulted at work and I battled for two years to find out what was wrong with me with my doctors surgery because there said it was fibromyalgia ,and yes I had been diagnosed yrs before with it and knew it was something else . When there did a MRI scan eventually it came back I had six disc damage and I did get an apology from the surgery and there now put in place different procedure when people attend the surgery with health issues that it maybe other health problems going on and to investigate further.so at least some thing good came out of my bad situation for others when it was brought up at the monthly doctors meeting and there sent me a letter of the out come of the meeting of how patients with fibromyalgia will be assessed in the future and that was five yrs ago 
  • bam
    Wow you were assaulted at work. that must have been pretty scary. I've had doctors make mistakes on my case  to before. Most of them don't even have the class enough to apologize but when they do apologize it doesn't give me any kind of satisfaction
  • kilincarslan
    Yes I admit I was getting angry and frustrated as I didn't feel enough was being done , but then it was a kind of relief to find out what was wrong but I also was shocked at the results of the mri.i had the assault while working for the NHS which I received no support and because it was patient who was classed as vulnerable at that time it would have been useless pressing charges as nothing would have happened and I had to retire on grounds of ill health after that so the NHS actually put me through a lot of stress due to no support from the management. But at least my own doctors stepped up when I did get a diagnosis 

Brightness