support for adults with cp — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

support for adults with cp

Options
brianw
brianw Community member Posts: 11 Connected
Hi, I have a mild cp of my left side. Kinda like my left side is 'hollow'. I have become aware how much this situation has affected my whole life and my decision making process. I am blessed that my limbs appear normal and people don't notice unless they are around me a lot ; at 52 I have learned to compensate well. However, I have come to think it would be good to be in some sort of support group to help me discuss living with cp as an adult. I think that would help me. Has anyone any suggestions or know of any groups? I live in Swindon. Thanks, Brian

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 126 Listener
    Options
    Hey @brianw

welcome to the community :)

I'm not aware of any CP groups in Swindon, but there is a disability sport organisation in swindon that you might want to look at (I expect there are people with CP who participate) it might  be a good opportunity to meet others in similar situations and share experiences - (and there might be someone there who knows of a group that we don't know about)

There's a place in Bristol called Cerebral Palsy Plus ;whilst they are only able to work with bristol residents they might have connections with other local orgs so tap them up for information!

Finally, lots of threads on CP here on the online community, you might want to have a browse of the CP section - you've lived with CP for 52 years so I imagine you will have something to offer as well as something to gain :)

take care

-R

Brightness