Hi, my name is Essie! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Essie!

Essie
Essie Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am the parent of disabled child
Dies anyone no of any groups etc that take the kids out or take them camping or give a wee bit of rest bite care

Comments

• iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    I think it is very important for everyone to change the environment especially children . They learn by observation/ experiencing using different senses. Any trip small/ big well planed needs to create a bit fun as well. Camping- it is a children will remember for ever. Especially if they can grill food stuck on a piece of stick over the flame of fire or eat potatoes wrap into aluminium foil baked inside warm ashes. Yep camping sounds quite what many have forgotten these days. 
  • Blue Frog
    Blue Frog Community member Posts: 358 Pioneering
    Hi @Essie whereabouts do you live? 
  • Stripes
    Stripes Community member Posts: 24 Listener

Hi Essie

I am the Information and Advice Worker for Scope,

In the past Local Authorities have funded activities for children with disabilities called Aiming High

If you were happy to email me at Ian.jones@scope.org.uk to let me know what area you live in then I will be able to find out if your local authority still provides activities for children in school holidays,.

If you prefer you could go onto your Local Authority Local Offer web site, The Local Offer web site provide information on what support, activities and information is available to parents of children with a disability

Regards

Ian Jones

Information and Advice Worker

Brightness