Pip calculator

rasberry
rasberry Community member Posts: 24 Connected
Hi there i was awarded an amount per week how do i calculate the amount over the year do i multiply by 54 weeks then by 12 as they pay me per month  but on statement is an amount per week.Can someone explain me what to do to ensure correct monthly amiunt is in.

Kindly assist 

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,069 Online Community Coordinator
    Hi @rasberry congratulations on your award!

if you just times the weekly amount by 4, then you'll have your monthly figure.
    There's 52 weeks in the year, so you'd times the weekly number by 52 to get the yearly figure.  I hope that helps. :)

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,145 Championing
    edited March 24
    PIP isn't paid monthly. It's a weekly benefit paid every 4 weeks. If you want to work out the monthly amount then you times the weekly amount by 52 and then divide it by 12. Although doing this wouldn't be right anyway because it's not paid monthly. 

There will be 1 month a year where you will receive 2 payments. 

Hi @rasberry congratulations on your award!

if you just times the weekly amount by 4, then you'll have your monthly figure.

That wouldn't work because there's 4.3 weeks in a month and not 4. 
  • rasberry
    Thank you if youve been paid short per month what is rhe next step to call them in?
  • poppy123456
    rasberry said:
    Thank you if youve been paid short per month what is rhe next step to call them in?
    You keep referring to it as "per month" it's not per month, it's 4 weekly.

What award exactly do you have? Is it your 4 weekly payment that you think is wrong or a lump sum from money that's owed? 
  • rasberry
    Okie now i got it two payments come in one month so yes that now looks all in order .Thank you all
  • poppy123456
    rasberry said:
    Okie now i got it two payments come in one month 
    That only happens once per year.