Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

sharonclark
sharonclark Community member Posts: 1 Listener
could any one tell me how long it takes for pip to dicide if you are intiteled to pip from DLA as it's been at least six weeks since I was seen for assessment I have been told longer it takes them to decide it's more chance of having pip 

Comments

• Lynne53
    Lynne53 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    Hi Sharon 6 weeks or more is quite normal for PIP.  I really hope you get it but I don't know that taking a long
    Time means you're likely to get it.  Waiting is such a horrible time.  Going through next stage with my husband and it's really getting me down.
  • chasnbons
    chasnbons Community member Posts: 60 Courageous
    @sharonclark

It would now seem (after looking into the timescale of replies of people I know on another forum) that the quicker you get the dreaded brown envelope after the Assessment, the more chance you have of getting PIP without as many problems.  If it came within 2 weeks, then 100% of the time it was given in some form, 2 to 4 weeks averaged about 60% being granted PIP and anything over 4 weeks was only about 22% getting it.

This sort of makes it look like if you get a decent honest HCP and the DWP can't just kick you off benefits then you get sorted quicker to lighten the backlog.

If DWP think they can reject you due to you being unfortunate enough to get one of their lying scumbag Assessors (Please note I purposely used the word Assessor instead of HCP, as most simply don't care and are in no way Professional), then it looks like you are in for a longer wait as you will still be 'cluttering up' their system by appealing etc, so they have no need to rush with their reply.

No doubt there will be exceptions and hopefully you will be one of them, so please don't lose heart.

Good luck :)
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    I received my award letter within two weeks but I still have to appeal as I was awarded only standard rate PIP both elements and think I am entitled to enhanced rate both elements.  My assessor was a mix of 'professional' (a paramedic) and a 'lying s*****g assessor' - which is why I suppose I only got standard though the evidence indicated enhanced.

@sharonclark, complex cases do take longer - perhaps yours is one such.  Good luck.
  • chasnbons
    chasnbons Community member Posts: 60 Courageous
    @Matilda

Your statement agrees with  my statistics then, you were granted PIP within 2 weeks.  The fact that you believe you should have got the enhanced rate and want/need to appeal opens up a whole other can of worms.  DWP work in the hope that people will either accept the award offered or just not bother appealing if they turn you down.  In practice though the truth is completely the opposite nowadays, with more and more people appealing and the knock on effect is that the wait for an appeal date gets longer and longer, which in the end costs DWP more money than if the person had been granted what they were entitled to in the first place..... a great way of cutting costs..... NOT!
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, @chasnbons.  The whole PIP system is a basket case and defeating the DWP's aims of cutting costs.  Even the DWP must realise that this state of affairs cannot continue indefinitely, with endless rounds of form filling, assessment, mandatory reconsideration and then appeal.  Surely, the system will have to be streamlined at some point or it will just become a juggernaut out of control.

Brightness