Hi, my name is grannydeb! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is grannydeb!

grannydeb
grannydeb Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello.....I have indefinable high mobility and low rate care on dla. I have not yet had the dread forms to apply for PIP yet.... And I am terrified literally. If I lose my car  I will be housebound  xxx

Comments

• bam
    bam Community member Posts: 326 Pioneering
    Hello@grannydeb welcome to the community. Please don't worry yourself until you look at the categories list and ask the benefit advisor about it. The benefit advisors here at Scope are very very good. So, just take a deep breath and try to relax a little. My name is Bam. There is a Coffee Lounge or you can maybe get to meet some of the friendly people here in the community

• grannydeb
    Thank you for your kind and reassuring welcome ! Feeling better already ! x
  • bam
    bam Community member Posts: 326 Pioneering
    I'm really happy@grannydeb you are feeling a little better and hopefully  also a little more relaxed now. Just ask the benefit advisors here and they  will be more than willing and happy to answer any possible question you may have.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @grannydeb.

It can be a worrying time.  You may hear lots of negative stories about changing to PIP but actually some people move onto PIP without any problem. Some even get an increased award compared to their DLA.

Whatever happens - we're here for you. If you need any advice on filling in the form, attending appointments, dealing with the outcome or if you just want a chat!
  • grannydeb
    Thank you so much x

Brightness