Hi, my name is adyspoz! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is adyspoz!

Options
adyspoz
adyspoz Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello , I'm new here , I'm 43 yrs old and I've always been a very active and out going person . A tool guy . And martial arts , but that all changed recently ( 2-3yrs ) I had to quit work and go the esa route . I suffer chronic pains a result of a Rta back in 1980 when I shattered my pelvis , now yrs later I have a tall pelvis hitting my ribs and a heart condition. ESA moved me over to the support group and I'm told I don't have to do anything, and to be honest it's driving me crazy . ! 

Comments

• Chris_Alumni
    Chris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 689 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @adyspoz, welcome to the community, I hope you find it friendly and supportive. I'm sure some of our users will have some useful advice for you, and if you need to get a good overview of the various discussions going on here, check out the Categories page.

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @adyspoz I dont know whether this is of interest, but @iza posted a list of things to do to fill your time.  Take a look!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Sam_Scope, @Chris_Scope  and @adyspoz
    @adyspoz welcome to the community online
    Please have a look at the list Sam mentioned about. Perhaps you will notice some idea which could match your area of interest. Do not feel bored with life as I always say feel lucky that you have more time than others. 
    Lots of people who works here in London complain for not having time for themselves. They usually have to travel to work long distances and only time for themselves have where are lucky enough to have a sitting place to read books once on train. 
    You have more free time. Please make a good use of it. 
    My head is so full with ideas what to do  when you are indoor. I wish I did have a more time for myself and no be forced to look for jobs and think about finances all the times. 
    I am a parent to 6 years old boy who requires attention too. 

But if I have a time I always stack to one of my point from list and keep going forward even if it is just for myself. 
    Remember we are here for others. Be for others too. Sharing your time will keep you fit, motivated and you will have new opportunities coming into life. 

See yourself lucky. 

Greetings 

Iza 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.