A moment In Time — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A moment In Time

norrms
norrms Community member Posts: 41 Courageous

A MOMENT IN TIME 

"""
Suddenly!! A distorted face appeared before my eyes, i had only closed them for a split second !! But FLASH !! it appeared, a horrible, distorted face that was so angry, and yet so hurt, was so sorrowful, yet full of venom, was so real, yet couldnt have been. Then it was gone, as quick as it appeared but just for a split second it looked like a negative as i blinked my eyes, trying to rid myself of what i had just seen, until the next time, that is.

"""

Is this the real face of dementia ? is this what it looks like to people like myself who has been touched with this awful disease? More importantly ? Does this account for me and so many others Jumping out of our skin for no reason and yet just to embarrassed, or unable to speak about it??

So many questions my friends, So very many questions ...........................

Norrms Mc Namara (Diagnosed with dementia NINE years ago, and still trying to figure it out ) 

Please share if you wish too

Comments

• JohnG
    JohnG Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    What time of day did this flash moment happen?  Where were you?  What were you doing before you closed your eyes just for that split second?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 210 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • norrms
    Hiya mum of three boys, i have written four books, all these writings are saved my friend

John G, It was in the afternoon my friend but hsappenes any time of day 

Hope this helps
  • JohnG
    I am sorry.  When I read your story, I took it to be a one-off.  That is how it seemed to me from what you had written when you mentioned a split second.  
    My other question was what were you doing when this happened yesterday afternoon?  Were you very tired?  

• norrms
    No, i have dementia, i just closed my eyes for a slit second

• bam
    bam Community member Posts: 326 Pioneering
     I have lesions on my brain because of my MS. I experienced the same exact thing except in 15 minutes or remember what I had forgotten. I worry if forgetfulness is just an early stage of dementia. When it happens to me  worry a lot. I know is going to come back into my head  but I still worry that maybe this time it won't. I really enjoyed how you wrote your story. You should really do you some of that professionally. I just couldn't stop reading it
  • JohnG
    Yes, norms, I realise that you already said you have dementia.  I close my eyes too sometimes and I see shapes and symbols and faces, and I always work out  what I was doing just before and where I was at the time.   Was the light on?  Was I tired?  Did I have a headache?  These aren't connected with dementia at all but my doctor is looking into them for me and so is my optician.  Are you shortsighted norms?

• norrms
    no i am not my friend, but my dementia is lewy bodys and i also have hallucinations as well, i quite often see things during the day, and night when no one else can, many pepole as i said Jump out of thier skin for no reason when they have a diagnosis like me, i was wondering how many on here have dementia, are disbled and if it happens to them, cheersd
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • bam
    bam Community member Posts: 326 Pioneering
    Talking about hallucinations. I don't know if I  hallucinated this or not. I told my doctor this story and he told me that people who suffer from Ms like me don't  hallucinate. My dad was going through a lot of Health problems at the time. He was dying and doing a lot of weird things. I was pulling out of my neighborhood and I saw my dad standing at the crosswalk. It was noisy out that day because there was a lot of traffic. I was maybe 75 feet away from him and I started yelling hello at him but he didn't respond. I just thought he was out exercising and couldn't hear me because of all the cars and traffic. I talked to him maybe six weeks later and told him I saw him. He told me it couldn't have been him because he was in a rehabilitation Hospital. I saw him! My doctors say that I wouldn't hallucinate that but who knows

Brightness