Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Payment for Carers

Options
kazasid
kazasid Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited April 12 in Work and employment
Hi, I am Mary (previously here as kazasid) I was carer for my son (now deceased) for the 10 years he lived with Wegeners Granulomatosis. I now receive state pension, but I am still angry. Not least at having the government delay my pension 6 years!
I am in the process of creating a petition asking for carers presently getting "carers allowance" to be paid 28 hours at minimum wage  at 100,000 signatures, the government are obliged to discus it in Parliament. I only found out about this recently, am I allowed to garner support on this forum? let me know if you are interested (assuming I am allowed)
Thank you

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,129 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Scope do allow petitions to be posted here, we sometimes have member post them here. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kazasid
    kazasid Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for that Poppy, I have just emailed, asking permission and how to proceed
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,129 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You don't need permission, you can just post it. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,729 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @kazasid as mentioned in the email, it's no problem for you to post your petition. Best of luck with it. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.