Just diagnosed with High functioning Aspergers — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just diagnosed with High functioning Aspergers

Sparraneil
Sparraneil Community member Posts: 1 Connected
edited February 2017 in Autism and neurodiversity
Hi 
I'm 58 & recently was assessed. I have Aspergers. High functioning. 
It explains a few things
Beyond that I'm not really sure what to do with the information.

Comments

• Ajk110
    Ajk110 Community member Posts: 47 Courageous

Hello @Sparraneil and welcome to the community.

First, remember that everyone is individual. You know the most about yourself and this diagnosis doesn't change that. As you said, it may help explain things but it doesn't tell you what all this means for you in your life.

Are you looking to find out more or talk to others who can help you figure out what this all means? Couple of places you might look:

Action for Aspergers: https://www.actionforaspergers.org

Project Aspie: www.projectaspie.org.uk

Good luck,

Aidan

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sparraneil welcome to the community! Have you read the guest post by @VioletFenn ? It is about her getting an ASD diagnosis later in life and definitely worth a read.

Violet is also our newest advisor in ASD and so if you have any specific questions, you can as her in the Ask an Advisor category.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • joannarashelle
    joannarashelle Community member Posts: 135 Pioneering
    @Sparraneil
    Hello there and welcome I joined this community only a couple of weeks ago after feeling bewildered being diagnosed with High Functioning Autism, though like you it answered questions as to why I have behaved the way I have and reacted to stimuli. 

I really didn't know there were so many like me out there, struggling in the world and not knowing why! 

You will find a lot of support and tons of practical advice on here they're a friendly helpful bunch 

Best wishes 

Joanna

Brightness