Guest Q&A: Your questions about disability aids and equipment answered
DEMAND Design & Manufacture for Disability is a UK based charity dedicated to finding practical solutions that help disabled people live life their way.
We can advise on disability aids and equipment that could help you overcome specific challenges, and when we find a challenge that can’t be solved with off-the-shelf equipment, we’ll adapt, modify or make something completely new that suits your needs. We do all this without Government or NHS funding and rely on generating our funds from the sale of our own products and from voluntary sources.
Here to answer your questions are our expert team of designers and engineers who have together designed and made thousands of pieces of disability equipment. With the right kit we believe most things are possible!
Do you have a problem you need solved?So pick our brains about any yet-to-be-solved challenges you have with everyday living, your hobbies and leisure activities, a sport or even a dream you’re pursuing. There may be a practical solution you haven’t yet found, and if not we’ll do our best to propose a creative solution of our own!
Ask Demand Design and Manufacture a question by adding a new comment below.
You can find out more about Demand Design and Manufacture on their website.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments