Worried about PIP interview — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Worried about PIP interview

Options
Ironside50
Ironside50 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited February 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Need some advise , next week I have got to go for a face to face interview for pip. 
Just had some one my wife knows , who had to go last week , he got turned down , the assor in his report put that the customer when asked to touch his toes he did so plus some other movements, thing is he was never asked to do any of those things . Now why are capita allowed to falsifie statements and lie? I'm worried now i have to go next week , what they put in my form ? Surely I have a legal right to see what's put by the assessor befor i leave ? Surely they are not there to lie? Need advice 

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Ironside50,

Welcome to the community. Many people here have gone through the PIP assessment. If you take a look around you can read about other people's experiences.

You're not alone in feeling worried - but there are a few things you can do to be prepared - there's some great advice from Citizen's Advice:
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/help-with-your-pip-claim/your-assessment/ 

You should be prepared to talk about how your condition affects you even if you’ve already detailed it on your PIP claim form. It can be hard to do this but it will really help if you can talk about:

• the kind of things you have difficulty with, or can’t do at all - for example, walking up steps without help or remembering to go to appointments
    • how your condition affects you from day to day
    • what a bad day is like for you - for example, ‘On a bad day, I can’t walk at all because my injured leg hurts so much’ or ‘On a bad day, I’m so depressed I can’t concentrate on anything’

It’s a good idea to take a copy of your PIP claim form with you. That way you can refer to it in the assessment and make sure you tell the assessor everything you want them to know about your condition.

Try not to worry too much about this other person's experience. If something similar were to happen to you - you can ask for the decision to be reviewed (called a mandatory reconsideration) and you can complain about the assessment/assessor.

I hope it goes well.
  • charmed
    charmed Community member Posts: 53 Connected
    Options
    How did you get on?
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Ironside50 how did you get on with your PIP application?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.