*** TRIGGER WARNING *** ADDING TO THE EQUATION - Abuse & resulting PTSD — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

*** TRIGGER WARNING *** ADDING TO THE EQUATION - Abuse & resulting PTSD

Options
Dwayne1961
Dwayne1961 Community member Posts: 6 Connected
Greetings, Scope Community!  Dwayne, here! 
I cannot seem to find a link to the Admins around here, anywhere... So, I will post this and trust any who need to see it, will!   B)

And once more...   *** TRIGGER WARNING *** Do NOT read or follow this Discussion Thread, if you are prone to being triggered into any type of episode -- psychosis, seizure, suicidal ideation, or any other trauma.   *** TRIGGER WARNING *** 

Okay then... since my diagnosis -- even though it is not finalized yet -- I have wondered whether my Asperger's Syndrome (with its insecurities, uncertainties, & lack of boundaries) could have contributed to the abuses I suffered from such a young age... Perhaps those issues caused me to accept and allow what was done to me?!?  

As young as age-5, I was brought into a cycle of sexual & physical abuse that continued up until age-25 -- along with the emotional, intellectual, spiritual, etc. traumas, that always attach themselves to such abuses.  And I am pondering how much of my Asperger's Syndrome could have created an atmosphere that allowed that abuse to happen.  

AS LONG AS adding to this Discussion does NOT "trigger" you... Anyone who could add to this issue that is bothering me, I would dearly appreciate it.  

Light & Love!   )O( 
The Reverend L. Dwayne Decker  (ULC) 
Light & Love!  )O(  
The Reverend L. Dwayne Decker (ULC) 

Comments

• voltsbabe
    voltsbabe Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi sorry to hear this ... im not a health proffesional or admin ... im a new user and in my experience abusers are very good at narrowing in to the vunuable . Whether its a fatherless child or a disabilty .. i think theres no one reason that they zero in on some 
  • Dwayne1961
    Options
    voltsbabe said:
    Hi sorry to hear this ... im not a health proffesional or admin ... im a new user and in my experience abusers are very good at narrowing in to the vunuable . Whether its a fatherless child or a disabilty .. i think theres no one reason that they zero in on some 
    Yes - like animal predators that can smell the blood or sense the weakness.  

Thank you for responding.  
    Light & Love!  )O(  

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Dwayne1961 I am very sorry to hear that you had such a difficult childhood, have you had or considered having some councelling or talking through your past?
    Respond supports children and adults who have experienced abuse or trauma and you may find it helpful to look at their website.
    You can also look at Victim Support.
    I think the most important thing to say is that child abuse is never the 'fault' of the child, whatever your diagnosis, whatever characteristics you had, you were not responsible for another person harming you.
    I hope you can work through your feelings and come to a place of peace.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Dwayne1961
    Options
    Sam_Scope said:
    Hi @Dwayne1961 I am very sorry to hear that you had such a difficult childhood, have you had or considered having some councelling or talking through your past?
    Respond supports children and adults who have experienced abuse or trauma and you may find it helpful to look at their website.
    You can also look at Victim Support.
    I think the most important thing to say is that child abuse is never the 'fault' of the child, whatever your diagnosis, whatever characteristics you had, you were not responsible for another person harming you.
    I hope you can work through your feelings and come to a place of peace.
    Hello, Sam_Scope, 
    I have had years of counselling.  It has only recently (in the past year) that my PTSD was taken seriously... and now, that same psychiatrist is helping me deal with my diagnosis of Asperger's Syndrome.  She actually has a son with Autism, who is very gifted; so it seems The Fates were kind in bringing me to her.  I've had various therapies all during my adolescence and adult years.  For example, 12-Steps (Narcotics Anonymous) helped me deal with my addictions (my chosen coping method for years); but they also gave me tools for coping with my OCD.  
    I still make mistakes; then I do my best to learn from them.  
    Thank you for responding. 

Light & Love!  )O(  

Brightness