PIP AND DOCTORS — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP AND DOCTORS

charmed
charmed Community member Posts: 53 Connected
edited February 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Do your GP charge to write to have an home assessment?  My gp are new as my surgery shut down and all patients had to move to new surgery.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 38 Courageous

Hello @charmed,

Some GP's will charge to provide you with a letter/confirm that you need to have a home assessment for your PIP claim - but this depends on your GP surgery. Have you asked your GP surgery already?

Kind regards,

Kirsty

Scope helpline

• charmed
    Thanks for replying, no i have not ask yet ive not had assessment letter through yet just wondering how much roughly it will be
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 38 Courageous

Hello again @charmed,

To be honest it really varies from GP surgery to the next as to how much they charge; my personal GP surgery charges £25 as standard for anything but I know in some cases it can be much higher.

Depending on whether your GP surgery does charge you, the other way you could go about it if the charge is expensive is to request all of your medical records under the freedom of information act (FOI) which I think is a maximum of a £10 charge - however there is no guarantee that the DWP will accept your medical records as evidence that you need a home visit without a supporting letter. Just an idea any how.

Kindest regards,

Kirsty

Scope helpline

• charmed
  • Ironside50
    Ironside50 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    need some help 
            now I suffer with anxiety depression alchemic heart diseases more stressed I get dont do my heart no good 
    now can anyone tell me why capita keep sending me reminders I got to to assessment?im stressed over this ,letters telling me I got to see them 3 letters and a text to my phone this afternoon!if they did this to them that cheat the system and refugees not entitled they would leave us genuine cases alone do I report the constant reminder ?
  • scouser
    scouser Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    I had no letter of my Docters about home vist I filled my pip form out told them what they needed to no and told them that I can't walk more then 10 m less than 20m and would need to bring my mobility scooter and would find it easier for me to have home visit and I was shocked and they sent me a home visit 3 weeks ago today I am still waiting to here if I pasted or not 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.