Deaf/blind — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Deaf/blind

kevstar1
kevstar1 Community member Posts: 5 Connected
edited February 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi my husband is both deaf and blind and severe Ostio arthritis he is registered blind and registered deaf does anyone please know about someone with these conditions and and applying for pip.
                                                    Thanks

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kevstar1 welcome to the community, there is a PIP self test you can do to see if a person could be entitled to PIP and how they would score. 

There is also a benefits calculator here on Scope that may help.

And if you visit this page, it talks you through filling in the PIP claim form step by step.

Hope this helps
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Sam_Alumni
    This comment is from @GeoffBosworth195661

"Hello Kevstar1 I have just picked up this message, Good afternoon I also am blind and wend blind in my mid forties, also deaf with other complex needs. I understand where you are coming from Kev but let me make it easy for you which helped myself is to get in touch with your local deaf blind vibes which is a great place to find all what you need to know also Action for the blind have weekly place to go to and have a good time also RNIB which also they have great places to go to.

I am not sure how much vision or non you have but at times it is just natural but if you are finding it hard with your anxiety Lots of organisations have counsellors to speak to you over the phone. RNIB have a good guider to talk it through with you which will help a great deal. If you have any problems just ask. You will get there eventually Kev and follow this through and release your anxiety they are there for blind people like ourselves.

Have you applied for a guide dog you should be entitled to one also other benefits you be able to claim. Any time you want ask me on anything on blind deaf Paralysed just ask you will find more people around you who can help. have a good day."
    Scope
  • Sam_Alumni
    Hi @GeoffBosworth195661 I have copied your response in this post.  For future replies, type in the box below and click Post Reply.

Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.