Lost ESA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lost ESA

bexlt17
bexlt17 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi all, I'm a mum and wife of 2 boys and a husband who all have ASD (Aspergers) one of my son's and my hubby also have ADHD, it's so dam hard so.e days, I'm the regstard carer for my youngest, my husband has just had his ESA  claim stopped thanks to the job center, now things aren't going so well at the moment 

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Hi @bexlt17

Welcome to the community. Sorry you're having a tough time at the moment. I hope we can support you in some way.

What was the reason ESA stopped? I'm no expert, but there are various things that you can do - this page talks about hardship payments, asking for a reconsideration and claiming JSA instead.

We have great benefits advisors on here who can help you if you have questions about what you should do. Just go here to ask a question: https://community.scope.org.uk/post/discussion/ask-a-benefits-advisor

Thanks,
    Alex

• bexlt17
    The ESA was stopped because he scored no points at all in his medical review, we are going through the reconsideration and appeal, my husband even had a major brake down while at the review, but was still not taken seriously we had reports from his psychologist and his ADHD doctor, all this stress is making me ill, I suffer from fibromyalgia and stress is the one thing that I can do without, life is normally good, but times like this makes me ill 
  • GeoffBosworth195661
    GeoffBosworth195661 Community member Posts: 161 Pioneering
    edited February 2017
    Hello bexit17 sorry to hear about your husband but lets just step back from this for one moment. Firstly we have two issues on the go here Firstly we have your husband. The review firstly follow Alex scope address that will need to be filled explain what you have put here . Also you have a further address DVUK MEMBERS SUPPORT  This also is collating a legal battle with unfair assessments that have occurred and documents of proven discrepancies are been taken serious. Now the second thing I would I am concerned about is yourself. You have also have to take care of your self as the sound of it you are not well your self. With the worry of your husband you need nip it in the bud and use one of the contacts sooner the better. Please take care of your self and your husband.  
  • bexlt17
    Geoff the DVUK address you have given me took me to a domestic violence website

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.